Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Photopoetryblog: "Happy Earth Day, 2015"

Photo: "A Garden Path" by me
Poem: "No era necesario..." by Juan L. Ortiz (my translation below, with Ortiz's forgiveness, I would hope)
A Garden Path


No era necesario...
por Juan L. Ortiz


No era necesario mirar el cielo ni las ramas.
Aquí te vi, en la tierra pura, la tierra desnuda.
Aquí te vi, espíritu primaveral, danzar o arder serenamente como la alegría sin nombre,
transparencia imposible de una dicha flotante sobre el polvo.

Aquí te vi, niña fantasmal de los velos diáfanos, en el mediodía inexistente.
No era necesario mirar el cielo ni las ramas.

[ I didn't have to...
by Juan L. Ortiz

I didn't have to look at the sky or branches.
I saw you here, in the pure earth, in the naked earth.
I saw you here, vernal spirit, dancing or calmly burning like that anonymous bliss,
the impossible clarity of joy that floats over the dust.

I saw you here, spectral girl with the diaphanous veil, in the inexistent midday.
I didn't have to look at the sky or branches.]

No comments: